As nights get chilly and the stars come out, we are bringing to Rotherhithe the best cabaret and singalong fun, possibly ever. Cosy up with us as, yes, we bring you the four Cs: Cocktails, Cabaret, Campfires and Candlelight
Invite any cabaret artist to perform down a shaft and they're going to run riot with the double entendre. London cabaret doyenne Tricity Vogue returns once more to play those “shaft” gags to the hilt, and so will her special guest each evening, as they perform surrounded by authentic vintage Victorian filth and smut on the walls – possibly the only grade II listed smut in London.There'll be three deliciously saucy bite-size chunks of cabaret during the night, each one different, and each one including a raucous singalong to warm your cockles. Because everybody needs their cockles warming down a shaft.
The campfire in our roof garden will be roaring as usual to keep those cockles warmed and your complimentary marshmallows toasted. The deluxe hot rum toddy stand will insure your blood is pumping and your singing voice warmed up. Then descend the brand new grand staircase of Brunel's underground Grand Entrance Hall, described as one of the most exciting new performance spaces and cultural attractions in London today for a very special SINGALONGA knees up with some amazing cabaret talent. And of course we will be serving our beautiful seasonal botanical cocktails and Hiver honey beer in our underground cocktail bar.
Deliciously sizzling and seasonal street food will be available to keep your cockles even warmer. Guests are invited to bring their cocktails up into the garden, their hot rum toddies into the underground chamber, their street food into both - we really are very relaxed. Ms Vogue and her special guest will perform at regular intervals giving you time to sample our delights above and below ground. These promise to be magical nights filled with mirth, merriment and marshmallows. The perfect date night or meet-up with friends. We do hope you will join us. Oh and please dress warmly - we can warm your cockles with a hot toddy or two but it gets blimmen' chilly!
Sat 24 Nov Midnight Apothecary Goes Down the Shaft THANKSGIVING SPECIAL with TRICITY VOGUE & THE BLUESTOCKING SOCIETY (AUDACITY CHUTZPAH, GINGER BLUSH & VICTORIA FALCONER)
Tricity Vogue has been delighting audiences in London and across the UK with her cheeky ukulele-strumming cabaret antics for over a decade, sometimes in man drag, sometimes in vintage siren guise, and sometimes in an improbable blue rinse wig. She's also the bandleader of Tricity Vogue's All Girl Swing Band, and a regular headliner on the international Ukulele Festival circuit.
'Miss Vogue and her ukulele - it's cabaret to run down side-streets for. Just get there early' Time Out London Critic's Choice
'Celebrated London cabaret singer Tricity Vogue loves performing, and it shows. The big red smile on her face is contagious from the start.' **** Broadway Baby
'Tricity Vogue - she of the twinkly eye, swoonsome voice and cheeky ukulele'. Time Out London Critics’ Choice
'A storming slice of cabaret.' **** ThreeWeeks
'Anyone else a massive fan of the divine Miss Vogue and her ukulele? Thought so'. Time Out London Critics’ Choice
The Bluestocking Society will be offering us Thanksgiving Down the Shaft entertainment with a cheeky twist for one night only on Saturday 24 November. The Bluestocking Society are a collective of delightfully off-the-wall women cabaret performers who enjoy revisiting history with a large dollop of wit and mischief. Join them to find out what really happened in the first romance to blossom among the Mayflower pilgrims after their arrival in the New World. Featuring ukulele-wielding storyteller and songstress Tricity Vogue, award-winning performer Ginger Blush, and celebrated cabaret clown Audacity Chutzpah.
Photos copyrighted to James Millar (Tricity Vogue & The Bluestocking Society)
Midnight Apothecary Goes Down The Shaft
|18:00 - 22:30||£8.00|
Brunel Museum, Engine House, Underground Grand Entrance Hall & Roof Garden, Railway Avenue, Rotherhithe, SE16 4LF
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.