A cutesy space atop the heralded Brunel Museum, this rooftop garden is an intimate and charming space to take in the night lights of the city. Perfect for a date night, an evening out with mates or during the COVID-19 crisis, a safe and intimate space for exclusive hire for a party of up to 30 guests…
Spring wild cocktails and campfires on the Terrace are back! We invite you once more to embrace the magic of 'Friluftsliv', the Nordic concept of open air living. Our ground floor Terrace at the Brunel Museum is a short hop to the river, surrounded by beautiful trees and our herb planters. There will be individual firepits to hire, s'mores to devour (toasted marshmallows with chocolate and biscuits to the uninitiated) alongside our legendary botanical cocktails. Our deluxe hot rum (or whisky) toddies will be on hand on cooler nights to keep you extra toasty. And all at a safe social distance. A perfect mates' night out or date for two.
This season we are charging a £10 booking fee per table of 2 or 4 and £20 per table of 6 BUT this is redeemable once you arrive with one free cocktail (tables of 2 or 4) or two cocktails (for tables of 6). These can be swapped out for beer or mocktails if preferred. The remaining £1 (or £2 for tables of 6) will go the museum. So you are in effect paying £1 to book a table of two or four or £2 to book a table of six.
Voted one of London's best outdoor pop-up cocktail bars since we built the roof garden at the Brunel Museum in 2012, we specialise in lovingly prepared seasonal botanical cocktails round a campfire made by Midnight Apothecary founder Lottie Muir AKA the Cocktail Gardener. We infuse and garnish our drinks using ingredients grown in our rooftop garden, down on the Terrace or foraged close by. There will be access to the museum toilets but there won't be any tours of the underground shaft until Government guidelines permit entry to museums.
We source all our alcohol and sodas carefully using local brews and spirits where possible eg Bermondsey's Hiver Honey Beer, Anspach & Hobday, the Kernel Brewery and Jensen's gin as well as Hackney's Square Root Soda. Our wine is vegan as is Kernel Brewery beer and we have plenty of non-alcoholic mocktails for you. Our cocktail menu will feature a range of cocktails to put a spring in your step. Expect cherry blossom and lilac in April, alongside our signature Woodland Martini with Douglas fir-infused vodka and smoked sage and our Midnight Margarita with activated charcoal, tequila and a lime foam.
We built the garden in 2012 as an oasis by the river where we invite you to cuddle up (at a safe distance!), watch the sun set surrounded by your friends, lovers and local wildlife. The menu changes frequently based on what's growing in the garden.
To keep you safe this spring we have two sittings: 5.00pm - 7.15pm and or 7.30pm - 10.pm. We have a table ordering app (BUTLR) to keep us all at a safe distance but our amazing team will be delivering your drinks and food with their renowned good cheer (and a mask). We will send you all an online information pack prior to arrival with details of our table ordering app (Butlr), entry and exit points to the venue and a map showing you the one way directions round the site. There will be a one-way system in the Engine House for entry and exit to the loos with oodles of sanitiser across the whole site. For food options we have teamed up with the wonderful Mayflower Pub across the street who will be serving a limited menu, brought direct to your table on the Terrace using the same Butlr table ordering app. (Please note only drinks bought from Midnight Apothecary may be consumed on the premises).
Here's to a great spring 2021 season. Can't wait to welcome you back!
Friday Terrace early slot 5pm-7.15pm. Table for 6
<p>Table for 6 guests. Ticketed table service on the Terrace at the Brunel Museum, 5pm - 7.15pm</p>
|17:00 - 19:15||£20.00|
Friday Terrace early slot 5pm-7.15pm. Table for 4
<p>Table for 4 guests. Ticketed table service on the Terrace at the Brunel Museum, 5pm - 7.15pm</p>
|17:00 - 19:15||£10.00|
Friday. Terrace early slot 5pm-7.15pm. Table for 2
<p>Table for 2 guests. Ticketed table service on the Terrace at the Brunel Museum, 5pm - 7.15pm</p>
|17:00 - 19:15||£10.00|
Friday Terrace late slot, 7.30pm - 10.00pm. Table for 6
<p>Table for 6 guests. Ticketed table service on the Terrace at the Brunel Museum. 7..30pm - 10pm</p>
|19:30 - 22:00||£20.00|
Friday Terrace late slot, 7.30pm - 10.00pm. Table for 4
<p>Table for 4 guests. Ticketed table service on the Terrace at the Brunel Museum. 7.30pm - 10pm</p>
|19:30 - 22:00||£10.00|
Friday Terrace, Late slot, 7..30 pm - 10.00pm. Table for 2
<p>Table for 2 guests. Ticketed table service on the Terrace at the Brunel Museum. 7.30pm - 10pm</p>
|19:30 - 22:00||£10.00|
Railway Avenue, SE16 4LF
2. The ticket holder agrees to providing one contact name. email and telephone number per booking for 'Track and Trace' purposes during the Covid-19 crisis.
3. No guest exhibiting Covid-19 symptoms will attend the event.
4. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
5. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
6. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
7. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
8. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
9. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
10. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
11. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
12. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
13. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
14. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
15. Free cocktails will only be given to guests on arrival who bring the maximum number of guests booked for that table (eg 2, 4 or 6 guests).
16. Guests must arrive within 20 minutes of their arrival time or they risk losing their table and their booking fee/free cocktail.