A cutesy space atop the heralded Brunel Museum, this rooftop garden is an intimate and charming space to take in the night lights of the city. Perfect for a date night, an evening out with mates or during the COVID-19 crisis, a safe and intimate space for exclusive hire for a party of up to 30 guests…
Sunday summer afternoon cocktails, mocktails, wine and beer are back! Join us in our beautiful roof garden at the Brunel Museum for Sunday brunch cocktails, revivers and all round botanical goodness. You can even combine your lazy afternoon with some delicious BBQ from the Mayflower brought direct to your table using our QR code system.
Entry includes access to the roof garden, Engine House and an optional guided descent of Brunel's underground Grand Entrance Hall to the Thames Tunnel: "the shaft" situated directly beneath the garden.
Voted one of London's best outdoor pop-up cocktail bars since we built the roof garden at the Brunel Museum in 2012, we specialise in lovingly prepared seasonal botanical cocktails made by Midnight Apothecary founder Lottie Muir AKA the Cocktail Gardener. We infuse and garnish our drinks using ingredients grown in our rooftop garden, down on the Terrace or foraged close by.
We source all our alcohol and sodas carefully using local brews and spirits where possible eg Bermondsey's Hiver Honey Beer, Anspach & Hobday, the Kernel Brewery and Jensen's gin as well as Hackney's Square Root Soda. Our wine is vegan as is Kernel Brewery beer and we have plenty of non-alcoholic mocktails for you. Our cocktail menu will feature a range of cocktails to put a spring in your step. Expect the drinks menu to change according to what's growing in the garden - alongside our signature Woodland Martini with Douglas fir-infused vodka and smoked sage or our Midnight Margarita with activated charcoal, tequila and a lime foam.
Tickets are booked as individual spaces, i.e. if there are 4 of you you'll need to book 4 tickets; if you have a group of 10 people or more, please contact us before you book. We have a table ordering service using QR codes to keep us all at a safe distance but our amazing team will be delivering your drinks and food with their renowned good cheer (and a mask). We will send you all an online information pack prior to arrival with details of our table ordering app, entry and exit points to the venue and a map showing you the one way directions round the site. There will be a one-way system in the Engine House for entry and exit to the loos with oodles of sanitiser across the whole site.
Please note only drinks bought from Midnight Apothecary may be consumed on the premises. We are an outdoor venue so there is no rain cover but bring a brolly if it looks like light showers as we fully embrace the Friluftsliv!
Here's to a great spring 2021 season. Can't wait to welcome you back!
Sunday Afternoon Roof Garden and underground tour 1-5.30pm.
Access to roof garden, Engine House and an optional guided descent in the the underground Grand Entrance Hall.
|13:00 - 17:30||£6.00|
Railway Avenue, SE16 4LF
2. The ticket holder agrees to providing one contact name. email and telephone number per booking for 'Track and Trace' purposes during the Covid-19 crisis.
3. No guest exhibiting Covid-19 symptoms will attend the event.
4. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
5. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
6. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
7. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
8. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
9. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
10. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
11. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
12. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
13. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
14. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
15. Guests must arrive within 20 minutes of their arrival time or risk losing their table.