A cutesy space atop the heralded Brunel Museum, this rooftop garden is an intimate and charming space to take in the night lights of the city. Perfect for a date night, an evening out with mates or during the COVID-19 crisis, a safe and intimate space for exclusive hire for a party of up to 30 guests…
Our ground floor Terrace at the Brunel Museum is a short hop to the river, surrounded by beautiful trees and our herb planters. There will be individual firepits to hire, s'mores to devour (toasted marshmallows with chocolate and biscuits to the uninitiated) alongside our legendary botanical cocktails and beers, fizz, non alcoholic mocktails and local beer. This summer we've invited The Mayflower pub to join us on the Terrace to serve sizzling BBQ directly to your table. And all at a safe social distance. A perfect mates' night out or date for two!
This season we are booking out tables, not individual places, and we have introduced a £10 reservation fee (per table of 2 or 4) and £20 per table of 6 BUT this is redeemable once you arrive with one free cocktail (tables of 2 or 4) or two cocktails (for tables of 6). These can be swapped out for beer or mocktails if preferred. The remaining £1 (or £2 for tables of 6) will go the museum. So you are in effect paying £1 to book a table of two or four or £2 to book a table of six. Please do not book more than one table of six before contacting us. Group size is restricted to six. Please book a table size appropriate to the number of people in your party. Your redeemable 'reservation fee' cocktails may only be redeemed with the full table of guests.
Voted one of London's best outdoor pop-up cocktail bars since we built the roof garden at the Brunel Museum in 2012, we specialise in lovingly prepared seasonal botanical cocktails round a campfire made by Midnight Apothecary founder Lottie Muir AKA the Cocktail Gardener. We infuse and garnish our drinks using ingredients grown in our rooftop garden, down on the Terrace or foraged close by. This year to keep you safe we have introduced individual firepits that you can hire for your table together with s'mores kits (toasted marshmallows sandwiched between two luxury chocolate biscuits to the uninitiated!).
We source all our alcohol and sodas carefully using local brews and spirits where possible eg Bermondsey's Hiver Honey Beer, Anspach & Hobday, the Kernel Brewery and Jensen's gin as well as Hackney's Square Root Soda. Our wine is vegan as is Kernel Brewery beer and we have plenty of non-alcoholic cocktails for you. Our cocktail menu changes regularly depending on what's in season alongside our signature Woodland Martini with Douglas fir-infused vodka and smoked sage and our Midnight Margarita with activated charcoal, tequila and a lime foam.
To keep you safe this summer we have two sittings: 5.00pm - 7.15pm and or 7.30pm - 10.pm. We have a table ordering QR code system for your food, drink and fires/marshmallows but our amazing team will be delivering your drinks and food with their renowned good cheer (and a mask). We will send you all an online information pack prior to arrival with details of our entry and exit points to the venue and a map showing you the one way directions round the site. There will be a one-way system in the Engine House for entry and exit to the loos with oodles of sanitiser across the whole site. Please note only drinks bought from Midnight Apothecary may be consumed on the premises).
Here's to a great summer. Can't wait to welcome old friends back and welcome new faces!
PS If you would like to book for a group larger than six please contact us before booking to arrange a minimum spend of £15 per head. Reservations with more than one table of six booked without prior approval may be cancelled and refunded.
Terrace Thursday. Early slot 5pm - 7.15pm. Table of 6
<p>Table for 6 guests with Ticketed table service on the Terrace at the Brunel Museum, 5pm - 7.15pm</p>
|17:00 - 19:15||£20.00|
Terrace Thursday. Early slot 5pm - 7.15pm. Table of 4
<p>Table for 4 guests. Ticketed table service on the Terrace at the Brunel Museum, 5pm - 7.15pm</p>
|17:00 - 19:15||£10.00|
Terrace Thursday. Early slot 5pm - 7.15pm. Table of 2
<p>Table for 2 guests. Ticketed table service on the Terrace at the Brunel Museum, 5pm - 7.15pm</p>
|17:00 - 19:15||£10.00|
Terrace Thursday, Late slot, 7.30pm - 10pm. Table of 6
<p>Table for 6 guests. Ticketed table service on the Terrace at the Brunel Museum. 7.30pm - 10pm</p>
|19:30 - 22:00||£20.00|
Terrace Thursday, Late slot, 7.30pm - 10pm. Table of 4
<p>Table for 4 guests. Ticketed table service on the Terrace at the Brunel Museum. 7.30pm - 10pm</p>
|19:30 - 22:00||£10.00|
Terrace Thursday, Late slot, 7.30-10pm. Table of 2
<p>Table for 2 guests. Ticketed table service on the Terrace at the Brunel Museum. 7.30pm - 10pm</p>
|19:30 - 22:00||£10.00|
Railway Avenue, SE16 4LF
2. The ticket holder agrees to providing one contact name. email and telephone number per booking for 'Track and Trace' purposes during the Covid-19 crisis.
3. No guest exhibiting Covid-19 symptoms will attend the event.
4. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
5. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified and tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
6. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
7. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
8. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
9. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
10. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
11. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
13. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
14. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
15. Free cocktails will only be given to guests on arrival who bring the maximum number of guests booked for that table (eg 2, 4 or 6 guests).
16. Guests must arrive within 20 minutes of their arrival time or risk losing their table and their booking fee/free cocktail.
17. Guests booking more than 1 table of six will be subject to a minimum spend of £15 per head.