A cutesy space atop the heralded Brunel Museum, this rooftop garden is an intimate and charming space to take in the night lights of the city. Perfect for a date night or an evening out with mates. Adept with seating and catching the summer and winter sun just right, the Brunel Museum Rooftop Garden…
Yer Tiz Lovers! Midnight Apothecary 2022 kicks off on Saturday 15 January with an ancient appley affair. Gather round the fire and get the heart pumping for Wassailing, the traditional old Twelfth Night celebration. It's a chance to warm your cockles, aided by some cider-based concoctions, beers & wines. Soft drinks always on hand for the serene and sanctimonious.
This ancient ceremony blesses the fruit trees in anticipation of the bountiful new season. For our 10th year celebrating Wassail, we will process to the apple tree in the lower garden with Wassail and sing some Wassail carols led by the Butler of the Ceremony and starring the Wassail Queen, alongside some amazing folk musicians to bring some real Wassail merriment to the scene! Bring lanterns and torches to read the songsheet, along with your heartiest bellow to join in the hailing! The garden will be decked with giant flares and house one of the bars serving our Hot Deluxe Wassail Toddies/beers/wines, with the other bar at the entrance to the Tunnel Shaft at the top of the Grand Staircase where our musicians will continue the celebration in Brunel's vast Underground Chamber below. We will have two roaring communal firepits (Roof Garden & Ground Floor Terrace) and you can order marshmallows/s'mores to toast on these. You are also welcome to order whatever food you like to be delivered to you using Deliveroo, Just Eat or however you wish.
Wassail gets its name from the Old English term "waes hael" meaning "be well". The Saxon response is "drink hael" meaning "drink and be healthy". What more could you want from a crisp winter's evening than to gather round the fire when nights are at their shortest? Join us for the magic!
Wassail Midnight Apothecary
|18:00 - 22:00||£8.00|
Railway Avenue, SE16 4LF
Getting thereCitymapper Google Maps
The Cocktail Gardener Ltd
More from Midnight Apothecary
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. No guest exhibiting Covid-19 symptoms will attend the event.
3. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
4. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
5. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
6. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
7. Every effort will be made to admit latecomers but admission cannot be guaranteed if you arrive more than twenty minutes after the start of the event.
8. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
9. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
10. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
11. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
12. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
13. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.