A cutesy space atop the heralded Brunel Museum, this rooftop garden is an intimate and charming space to take in the night lights of the city. Perfect for a date night, an evening out with mates or during the COVID-19 crisis, a safe and intimate space for exclusive hire for a party of up to 30 guests…
Got a penchant for pumpkins? Taken to travelling by broomstick? Well get amongst the cobwebs for it's that time of year again..... the Midnight Apothecary's legendary HALLOWEEN SPOOKTACULAR happens across two nights this October! Expect the usual sea of incredibly carved pumpkin lanterns, firepits to hire, s'mores kits (toasted marshmallows between deluxe chocolate biscuits for the uninitiated) and sparklers for sale; batty bar staff, strange blue fire (we have special powers)....and the best Halloween potions in London....'Out of this Gourd', 'The Bloody Sloe', the 'Spooky Whisky Sour' and strong favourite 'Bonfire of the Vani-Teas'. And we will of course have our signature deluxe Hot Rum and Whisky Toddies on the menu too! Tickets include an optional guided descent into Brunel's huge and very spooky underground chamber. We dare you!
For those not familiar with us, we have been voted one of London's best outdoor pop-up cocktail bars since we built the Roof Garden at the Brunel Museum in 2012, and we specialise in lovingly prepared seasonal botanical cocktails round a campfire made by Midnight Apothecary founder Lottie Muir AKA the Cocktail Gardener. We infuse and garnish our drinks using ingredients grown in our rooftop garden or foraged close by, with the menu changing frequently based on what's growing in the garden. These are all served in our atmospheric setting right next to the Thames in the heart of Rotherhithe Village. We are the best kept secret around here being nestled on top of the Thames Tunnel Shaft which was itself built in the Victorian era by Marc Brunel. The garden is lovingly maintained and is adorned with giant flares, hurricane lamps and fairy lights.
We source all our alcohol and sodas carefully using local brews and spirits where possible eg Bermondsey's Hiver Honey Beer, Anspach & Hobday, the Kernel Brewery and Jensen's gin, as well as Hackney's Square Root Soda. Our wine is vegan, as is Kernel Brewery beer, and we have plenty of non-alcoholic mocktails for you. All spirits are premium brands. Our menu features a range of cocktails that change with the season, among which you can expect, for example, our take on the classic Mojito with house-made hibiscus and blackberry & mint syrup, alongside Lottie's crowd-pleasing 'Smoky Negroni' made with Jensen's Bermondsey Dry gin, Campari, sweet vermouth, scented geranium & pinewood-smoked lapsang souchong tea, and, our signature 'Midnight Margarita', with activated charcoal, premium tequila and a lime foam.
Choose between either the early sitting (5pm-7.15pm) or the late sitting (7.30pm-10pm). Roof Garden tickets are bought individually per guest and include an optional Guided Descent down into the Tunnel Shaft led by local legend & actor, Tim Thomas. Ticket money goes directly to registered charity the Brunel Museum.
We will have a centralised firepit up in the Roof Garden plus as many individual firepits to hire as safety will allow (first come, first served) with s'mores kits available to purchase via the menu on the night.
We welcome you to order in food of your choice to be delivered directly to you using Deliveroo/Just Eat/Uber Eats, etc or straight from the caterer.
Please note only drinks bought from Midnight Apothecary may be consumed on the premises. We are an outdoor venue so there is no rain cover but bring a brolly if it looks like light showers as we fully embrace the Friluftsliv!
A perfect mates' night out or date for two. We look forward to welcoming you!
|Fri 5pm entry roof garden||17:00 - 19:15||£8.00|
|Sat 5pm entry roof garden||07:00 - 19:15||£8.00|
|Fri 7.30pm entry roof garden||19:30 - 22:00||£8.00|
|Sat 7.30pm entry roof garden||19:30 - 22:00||£8.00|
Railway Avenue, SE16 4LF
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. No guest exhibiting Covid-19 symptoms will attend the event.
3. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
4. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
5. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
6. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
7. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
8. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
9. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
10. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
11. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy in certain areas.
12. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
13. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
14. Groups larger than 6 must contact the event organisers to agree a minimum spend.